It is necessary to overcome the consequences of the war. The first three mobile buses are built by enthusiastic carriers from wrecks. Whatever is possible is used to transport goods and people. It is necessary to ensure transport services for industrial plants, steelworks and mines. On 22 October, a cargo fleet of military vehicles, including drivers, is joined with ČSD. Even though the war is over, the combat conditions persist. The corresponding facilities began to be built in 1946. The operation of basic international transport Olomouc-Trieste and Olomouc-Antwerp begins. The last preparatory phase of the establishment of ČSAD as a system of public road transport is in full swing.
On 1 January 1949, the national company Czechoslovak Automobile Transport was officially established. However, it is formed throughout the year. Its mission is to use with the entrusted means of transport to operate public passenger and freight road transport and forwarding activities, including warehousing both in the Czechoslovak Republic and abroad.
The Ostrava area is becoming the most important industrial base of the entire Czechoslovak Republic. In a small area, there are large metallurgical, iron and engineering companies, coal mines, coking plant and gasworks. There is also a large chemical industry. It is necessary to ensure the transport of workers, so the need for bus transport is growing. ČSAD Ostrava acquires its first site in Fifejdy, and on 24 November 1950 a new company name - the Czechoslovak State Automobile Transport.
The joint enterprise ČSAD was dissolved on 29 September 1952 and divided into 19 independent regional national enterprises. This creates an independent national company ČSAD as an independent legal entity. Thus, the management is more operational and it is possible to adapt to the specific conditions of regions in passenger and freight transport better. The demands in the Ostrava region are extraordinary, the pace of its development is almost quadrupling. Performance is also increasing sharply. ČSAD employees are involved in the construction of the airport, valley dams and are beginning to pave the way for truck transport and the transport of heavy and bulky loads on special chassis.
The development of the 709 Ostrava plant exceeds the capacity of the original operation in Přívoz. Therefore, the construction of a new plant in Fifejdy begins. By 1959, new freight workshops, sanitary facilities, office buildings and factory kitchens have been being built. Plant 709 becomes the largest organizational unit of the company. The Regional National Committees (KNV) take over the management of ČSAD companies and further organizational changes continue. At the end of the 1950s, the regional company in Ostrava had a total of 3,656 employees, 467 buses, 162 passenger trailers, 897 trucks and 174 truck trailers.
The construction of the Rehabilitation and Training Center in Rožnov pod Radhoštěm is completed by the company itself. The building has accommodation parts, social and meeting rooms, a modern rehabilitation department and a sports complex including a swimming pool, tennis court and mini golf.
In November, the completion of the Central Bus Station in Ostrava is started at a budget cost of 53.65 million crowns. As part of the construction, the foundations of the buildings of the former Šalamouna Mine are removed, relocation of engineering networks is realized and the 220 m long subway connecting the public transport stops with the ÚAN Ostrava platforms is built. The work was completed in December 1986.
Following the construction of the ÚAN, the construction of an “operational building” began in April, which includes premises for traffic management in the North Moravian Region, the premises of the Forwarding Plant, premises for driver training, and a medical and rehabilitation centre. These are three buildings with three, fourteen and six floors. This complex represents the largest and most demanding investment project in the company’s history.
At the end of the year, regional national enterprises will change to the form of state enterprises.
After a society-wide political and economic change in this country in the late 1980s and in the first half of the 1990s, the state-owned companies ČSAD are gradually being privatized and transformed. The ČSAD brand remains in the ownership of the Association of Users of the ČSAD Collective Trademark. It is a unique form of brand ownership. The association was established at the time of the beginning of privatization in the early 1990s, its founding members are twelve ČSAD regional companies (today their successors), nine from the Czech Republic and three from Slovakia.
Regional state-owned enterprises, with the exception of West Bohemia and North Bohemia, are divided into smaller state-owned enterprises, mostly of the district format under the name Czechoslovak Automobile Transport.
The liberalized Road Transport Act (111/1994 Coll.) is approved, which opens the way to the market for private and non-state carriers. Starting this year, most of ČSAD’s companies are transformed into joint-stock companies and privatized.
We obtain a certificate according to EN ISO 9002. The standard specifies which requirements for the quality system are to be used in cases where it is necessary to prove the supplier’s ability to supply the same product designed according to the requirements.
The transformation into a holding structure is underway with the aim of concentrating on core business and economic efficiency. ČSAD Ostrava a.s., ČSAD Reality a.s., ČSAD Bus Ostrava a.s., ČSAD LOGISTIK Ostrava a.s., KAR-mobil, s.r.o. and others.
The Czech Republic joins the European Union on May 1, 2004. We thus become part of a customs union, where goods legally placed on the market in one Member State can be exported to other Member States without customs or quantitative restrictions. A several times larger market for services is also opening up for Czech companies. The free movement of capital creates new investment opportunities.
A professional BONVER DAKAR PROJECT racing team is formed.
The companies ADIP and the French manufacturer of shock absorbers DONERRE become part of the ČSAD Ostrava group.
The merger of ČSAD REALITY Ostrava a.s. with ČSAD Ostrava a.s.
New acquisition of the ČSAD Ostrava group, 70% entry into the CUBESPACE company, which specializes in modular buildings.
Kopřivnice Development Center. We are building a new development centre for industrial development and innovation. As part of the realization, we will purchase technological equipment such as CNC machines, a brake bench, a dynamometer for shock absorbers, and other technologies. The centre will focus on the development of chassis components and special vehicles.
Establishment of OSTRA GROUP a.s. - a multidisciplinary strategic group.
Start of the merger with Mátra Transport a.s.
Completion of the merger with Mátra Transport a.s. and a new acquisition of STK Ritz s.r.o, which focuses on STK in the field of passenger transport
SCHÄFER a SÝKORA TRUCK PARTS s.r.o. became a member of OSTRA group.